Sunday, August 19, 2012

POST Game GAB: 8/19/12: Why Overlook Opportunities?



Dodgers win: 5-0. Now our Boys come home to celebrate by playing the Giants. Here. We. Go. Let's DO this. By the way, this is my wallpaper on my phone screen. If you look closely, it says Dodgers.com. That's where I originally found it. Yes, I AM a bit fanatical. However I did ask a childhood friend recently if I babbled this much as a kid about the Dodgers. I was told no. I think I got teased in first grade for knowing too much about the game, and thought it better to keep quiet. THIS is what I am trying to avoid for girls now. And Ladies. Cuz look what happens when suppressed: you tend a blog  when you grow up. 


GIRL TALK: Ever wonder why we sometimes overlook opportunities? That Nordstrom's sale? (Ok, weakness secret: I Heart Nordstrom!) That guy we shoulda/coulda gone out with? We all do it. We kick ourselves a little later, and then we move on. But why do we do it in the first place? Yes, yes...sometimes it's impossible to skirt. We have to prioritize and in that we have to forgo certain opps. There may be extenuating circumstances beyond our control, bad timing, we try and try but just can't pull off the date, the dress, the promotion...  But other times, we find ourselves looking in the mirror and shaking our head, grinning at our own silliness: could we have tried just a tad bit harder and pulled off the extraordinaire? 



Cake in point: (I know that is supposed to be "case" but I really want cake right now as it is my friend's birthday- so just bear with the typos por favor)... 
why is it that seemingly every time the Dodgers load the bases whether with no outs or two that they fail to take advantage of it? Look, today we won. The end result was all that mattered. And still does. But why not go for some insurance runs while you have the chance? I know, I know... it's not like they do it on purpose. But every time, during any given game when the Dodgers load the bases, my phone's text alerts start going crazy- from ESPN.com (see link at end of post) and from friends. But almost inevitably they allow the opportunity to slip past them.  I had a feeling they'd win today- and thank goodness! What a treat for Billingsly- his SIXTH win in a row... WOO-HOO! Niiice! But it's almost rather passe when I hear that the bases are full of Dodgers. It's kind of like the baseball gods are crying score-wolf. So earlier today when the Boys let one chance go...I wasn't too shocked. Or overly displeased- we WERE ahead...and I still had a feeling we would win. Even if it ended as a one run game. Or two run. The later, we filled the bases once more. Enter Mark Ellis: SMACK! YES!! A 3 run double. YES!!! #14 sees the opportunity and seizes it. Again, not to say every single time it's going to work, and not to say the Dodgers aren't out there trying, but it is ALWAYS a treat to see the Blue Crew work as team and do it right. Granted, the heart of our line-up was rather quiet today, but it needs to be a team effort anyway.  How about that Cruuuuz Control with his solo home run! See? LOVE Cruz! When some aren't producing as we want them to, others can come around and pick up the slack. That's why they call it a TEAM. Love it! Just realized I used the word "treat" twice. Clearly I need cake. Boys in Blue come home to the Ravine for game one of a CRUCIAL series with the Giants. Yikes! And Sweeet! All at the same time. Let's SIEZE the opportunity.... And Ladies, YOU do the same... Let NO FABULOUS OPPORTUNITY skip by you! Game time tomorrow 7:10pm PDT. GO BLUE!



L.A. Dodgers Home Page

ESPN.com

 Baseball Almanac- Good Stuff to Know






No comments:

Post a Comment