Sunday, December 9, 2012

Yay! Post Season GAB





We got him! Zack Greinke. I repeat: We. Got. Him! After some long drawn out negotiations, the now-former Angels' starting pitcher will be joining the rotation for the REAL Los Angeles team. Of course, it took $147 million, and now he'll have to bat ninth, but hey this is big news. Sorry Texas. You can't have him. Greinke gets to stay in SoCal. OPINION ALERT: Let's hope this doesn't turn into Kevin Brown deja vu. There. I said it. I don't think it will as Brown was in his 30s already at the time of his L.A. signing and Greinke is only 29, but the whole thought has been nibbling away at the back of my mind. And someone had to say it.  New Girls: Go Google it if you don't know the name Kevin Brown. I can't bring myself to discuss it. Too embarrassing. 
Greinke comes to us with impressive numbers: ERA 3.77 and WHIP 1.25. Anyone would be happy with that. I know I am. 
By the way, Wikipedia really needs to be updated. They still have him listed as a free agent at the time of my writing this... about 15 hours after the news broke....(No wonder Wikipedia remains an uncitable source for college papers.)

Welcome to L.A. Mr. Greinke. I mean, really this time, welcome to Los Angeles,... and the Los Angeles Dodgers of Los Angeles. 





No comments:

Post a Comment