Thursday, August 16, 2012

Aug 16, 2012: Pre-Game GAB: {She said in Awe...}





I'm a writer. Hopefully. So it stands to reason that I hear things differently in my head. (Wait- everyone hears voices, don't they? Just checking.) I tend to think a lot metaphorically. Hence, I see a lot of what goes on around me in comparison to my passions. I may have mentioned at some point earlier in my posts that I have 2 small dogs. Nina, a 15 year old jack russell. Attitude galore. Half my alter ego and half that of my best friend. Then there is Carrie Bradshaw: a five year old "fluffy"... mutt.  Pretty much the other half of my alter ego and that of my other best friend. That all being explained, as I wait for today's game to start, I recall what happened a few games ago. Here is how it works: 




Setting: Here
Characters: Kim: The girl.
Nina: Jack Russell. Demands Capitalization. Always.
Carrie Bradshaw: Bichon/poodle... froodle? Fluffy.

Carrie Bradshaw: (tail wagging fiercely) Did the Dodgers win??

Nina: (mouth full) Of course! 

Carrie Bradshaw: (stops short) Hey! Where did you get that??

Nina: (swallows quickly) Her. The girl.

Carrie Bradshaw: What the~?!

Nina: When the Dodgers win, there are always treats. Are you NEW??
Kim: Here. (hands Carrie Bradshaw a piece of tripe)
Carrie Bradshaw: (whispers in awe) This stuff is delicious...!
Nina: (critical) Don't talk with your mouth full.
Carrie Bradshaw: GO Blue!
*Fade as the three carry on...

So as it stands, Dodgers are in first. They did it. Game time 1:05 pm PDT. The fans are paying close attention, rooting the Boys in Blue right along. Even the "fluffy" ones. Because when the Dodgers win, there are always treats.

L.A. Dodger Home Page


No comments:

Post a Comment