Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Aug. 15, 2012: POST GAME GAB: Play Fair

Dodgers win. Giants lose. L.A. is in first again. All by ourselves. But something just ain't quite right. Here's why: the other team suffered a loss. A suspension. A loss of a good player and a loss of morale. When I win, personally, I want it to be because it was a fair match. One of the best players on the Giants has been suspended for 50 games. 50 GAMES. The rest of the season is gone for him. His team has suffered a blow to the heart of their line up as well as their morale. The Giants lost to the Nationals today. Don't get me wrong, the Nationals are a good team. Finally. This year. But the Giants had a major set back. And they will have to deal with that set back for the rest of the season. As will Melky Cabrera. When the Dodgers play the them later this month, the Giants will be short one of their best hitters. And now that the Dodgers have Kemp back and Ethier and Ramirez and {finally producing} Victorino, it almost seems like it won't be the same. I wanted to see two of the best-in-the-west teams really duke it out at full strength. I won't try and predict anything, but it just won't be the same. Now, to be honest, do NOT get me started on the whole steroid issue. OPINION ALERT: I do not think the stupid stuff needs to be made "illegal." Regulated? Sure. Fine. Even taxed! I don't know. Is it bad for you? Yes! But what's next- Gatorade? Coffee? Vitamins? They need to figure this thing out and make it fair across the board. 
But until they do...MEANWHILE... DEAR PLAYERS: DON'T DO IT! Ugh.
Look,...
If I drink coffee in the morning, and it helps me be more alert- wake up a little faster in the morning, does that give me an "unfair" advantage" over my co-workers? It's not exactly good for you, coffee.... Ugh. I know many will disagree with me on this, so more on ]that some other day.... But for now, I feel for the SF fans believe it or not. I wanted a fair match up in this heated pennant race. And now it's lopsided. And the fans really lose out. Seriously Cabrera? Really? Didn't you know you might be tested? Geez-Loiuse...! Are you NEW??  Dodgers and Kershaw had a great outing today and stomped the Pirates. And they really did it as a team.  I love that. And we'll do it again tomorrow. That I feel pretty good about predicting. Game time: 1:05 pm PDT. L.A. Dodger Home Page




No comments:

Post a Comment