Friday, August 10, 2012

August 10, 2012 Pre Game GAB: Meeting the Ex

Meeting the ex can be difficult but it doesn't have to be. Yes, I have another blog about being friends with my ex. No, I have not confused my posts. Dodgers play the Marlins today. GAME TIME 4:10 pm PDT. This is the first meeting with the Florida Marlins since we acquired Hanley Ramirez from them in what has probably been the best trade of our season. Breaking up is hard to do, but sometimes it is necessary if we are to move on and find the right one. (Remember when Burger broke up with Carrie on a post-it?) #Sex and the City: Season 6, episode 7: "The Post- It Always Sticks Twice." Classic.


Thank you, Marlins. We have found the right one. So has Ramirez.
Hanley Ramirez has fit like a catcher's glove with the Dodgers. (*New Girls: Different positions have different gloves.) Ramirez has really produced. He brought some much needed fun, spice and love to the clubhouse.  ICU! He and Kemp and Ethier have really come together in the line up since he joined the team. So how will Florida fans react? Guess we'll have to wait and see. I remember when Paul Lo Duca was traded to the Florida Marlins (team coincidence- I always just loved Paul Lo Duca. Met him once at a signing - SO nice!). #16. Hmm. Maybe that's part of the reason I love Ethier so much. Well, that and the fact he's awesome in his own right. Awesome in right field too.


L.A. fans adored Lo Duca. We were crushed when he was handed over like some old shirt to the Goodwill. Me personally, I cried. True story. If I recall, the trade surprised even Lo Duca himself. He was a loyal player who enjoyed playing for the Dodgers, that much I do recall. So when the Marlins came to town for the first game after that trade, I knew I had to be there. The fans of L.A. are the best. We stood and cheered Paul. He got a standing ovation from a whole lotta L.A. fans when he came to the plate. Even though he played for the other team now, we still recognized the love he had given us for the time we wore Blue. Quite different from the reception Shawn Green got upon his first appearance after being traded to the Arizona Diamondbacks. He for some stupid reason got booed. Whatever. I have never booed a Dodger- PAST or PRESENT.  Although I DID cheer loudly when Andruw Jones went away to the Rangers. I believe the din from my "WOOTS!" was accompanied by an impromptu jig as well. 
*New Girls: Jones was an expensive experiment failed. Just Google it.  In any case, I do believe Ramirez was loved by Florida fans, so it'll be interesting to sense the dynamic when he steps up to bat. I'm sure he'll do fine. No, he'll do great. Instinct. GIRL TALK: It all goes to a mutual respect. You don't have to give them a standing ovation, but nor do you need to boo them. Stay classy. When the ex comes to town, there is no reason to be snide. Accept it. Move on. They have a new life and so do you.  Wish them happiness and success and maybe, hopefully, the respect will be returned. In my case it is. The ex and I are friends (hence my other blog). Hopefully Ramirez will smack it outa the park and score a few for the Boys in Blue. And hopefully it will be a good game, demonstrating strong sportsmanship. We need to keep winning if we plan on taking back the west. Seriously Giants, knock it off. Don't make us wait till the 20th when you come to L.A. to take back first. Just give it back now and get it over with. (sheepish grin) Dear Self, Remember. Good sportsmanship. To thine own self be true. (sigh) Sometimes it's hard. But it's all about patience I guess. GO BLUE! I'll be watching on TV... ICU! 
*(This pink heart was an L.A. Dodger ad pic circa Valentine's Day...Sweet!)
Again, GAME Time: 4;10 pm PDT.




No comments:

Post a Comment