Monday, September 10, 2012

Fall Colors... Game GAB 9/10/12




The colors of fall... ah, fall... leaves changing colors,
 pumpkins, scarves, mittens, crisper weather, shorter days, football ... all the stuff that makes a season a season. Now the question becomes this: how do you maintain a long distance relationship for the time being? You know baseball will be back come spring. But it's what you do in the meantime that matters right now. How do you keep busy? 



Some might say I am being a bit premature with this, but I think I've said it enough: who are we kidding? The Dodgers aren't realistically looking at a post season this year. 



So here is how I handle it: I still watch. Yes, I watch the playoffs regardless of whether the Dodgers are in it or not. I pick teams to root for based on various factors. And when it comes time for the World Series, I always root for the national League. EVEN if it means cheering for the Giants. I can't tell you how many friends I have lost over that. They left me though. I didn't desert or delete them. 


Ok, when the Red Sox were winning their first World Series since the dawn of time, yes, I rooted for the. But besides that, I root for National League. What can I say? I'm a purist. I think the pitcher should bat. 

GIRL TALK: The guy you adore is being transferred on temp assignment out of state. How do you deal? You watch a lot of movies. You hang out with girlfriends. Manicures and pedicures! Spa trips! join a gym- head off the holiday fifteen! 





Come spring when your guy returns, you'll look great and be ready for some "spring training." I look forward to the down time. I dread it but look forward to it. Time to yourself can be rewarding. And time doesn't heal all wounds- if your team isn't in the playoffs for example. It's what you do with the time that counts. And I intend to make that time count. Game time tomorrow: 6:40pm PDT. The Boys in Blue play Arizona. GO Blue! Let's NOT make it easy on SF! The colors of fall can wait a little longer. 








No comments:

Post a Comment