Saturday, September 15, 2012

Fate: GAME GAB: 9/15/12

Dodgers won. 


Having said that, I am tempted not to jinx it.    



Who am I kidding. I gots plenty on my mind.

Let's start with FINALLY!!! When it counts, they won. 
Ok,  here's the thing, they HAVE TO keep winning. They brought this on themselves. There is no room for error. There is no time for any more losses. That was a great game last night. They played like a team. They LIKED stomping the Cards like they were stomping grapes. It showed.


So now do THAT again. 
I was convinced they were going to lose- after they fell behind so early in the game, I figured their hearts weren't in it anymore. But then when all of a sudden it became a one-run game at 4-3, they realized- as did I- that they could and wanted to catch up. 
(I have always preferred the term ketchup myself.)

My original thought for a post here before the game was about coaches. Look, if a department isn't producing, and the workers are not ... producing, as a whole,  who is usually held accountable? Why hasn't anyone been questioning that? Why have we been only blaming the players? I am just as guilty to be sure. However, shouldn't Dave Hansen (batting coach) and Rick Honeycutt (pitching coach) shoulder some of the responsibility here?  So now it stands to be seen: was last night a lucky fluke or a sign of things to come for the rest of this month?
Even a blindfolded man can find a black sock in the dark once in awhile. Let's see if he can do it twice.
As for the American League, I would love to see it come down between the As and the Orioles. Poor As. Poor Orioles. But what an amazing year they have both had. So if they can face off, more power to them. Seriously, Baltimore- get rid of them Damn Yankees! Let's see an L.A. Baltimore Series this fall!

*One of the few musicals I will watch.

Girl Talk: When we have a good run, let's not let it go to our heads, comprende? Go with what works and feels right, and give yourself permission to have fun.  Don't get cocky. Be open to succeeding. Be open to change, too. Not all change is bad. 





In the end, if it is meant to be that we win this...
we will. 





I do like to think there is something to be said for destiny. Soul mates. Fate. All that stuff. But we also play a role in it, and we have to do our part. We have to play our part in our destiny. 




That being said... GO BLUE!
Game time tonight: 
6:10pm PDT at the Ravine. 
     







No comments:

Post a Comment