Saturday, September 22, 2012

One Game: Post Game GAB: 9/22/12

So I guess at this point - being one game out of elimination- the question begs: do the real true blue fans still attend the home games to come OR... are we so disheartened over the season that might have been that we cannot bear the thought of sitting in the stands until next April?  


I'm not angry, just hugely disappointed. And sad. It's one more post-season I have to randomly select a team to root for. I'm a baseball girl. I love the stuff. I can't not watch the post-season. And when you watch baseball , you gotta root for someone. I feel, anyway. So come hell or high water, I will figure out who to cheer on. It seems inevitable, miracle pending of course. 



GIRL TALK: Let's face it, we women go into our heads too much sometimes and have a tendency to over think things: "Am I wearing the right color foundation? Did I say too much? Too little? Did he notice the loose string on my skirt hem? What did he really mean when he said ...Would the interview have gone better if I had worn a different outfit? Can you believe SHE said THAT?" Half the time I'm sure the other person doesn't even notice whatever it is we're fretting about. Stepping out of our own heads can be quite a challenge. That's where I think the Dodgers are. Somewhere along the line, they started to think too hard about it and got stuck in their own heads: "Is my batting stance just so? Maybe if I wear my cap this way..., What does a curve ball truly feel like- maybe if I just try this instead... oops! Not THAT far out of the strike zone... Maybe if I eat two pieces of bacon at breakfast instead of just one..." The tension is as think as fog.  Maybe once the season really winds down and the reality sinks in that 2012 ain't "the year," then they can remember to play hard and for fun. 

Too me, in retrospect, it all goes back to the one game earlier this season: Saturday, July 14, when Kenley Jansen  took his eye off home plate.... and the Padres stole it. Everything really started to unravel after that one game. One game. That's all it takes. One game. Game time tomorrow: 5:10pm PDT. Go Blue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment