Saturday, July 28, 2012

Saturday July 28, 2012 Game Post: I Heart L.A.


L.A. Dodgers Homepage
Baseball Almanac: for quick reference and trivia
For the Well Dressed Girl Fan

Link one: Of course.
Link two: In case you get lost.
Link three: Alyssa Milano's line.Love love love these clothes! Have several items in my closet. Had to give a shout out.


Today's game:
Dodgers and Giants. Classic rivalry. The competition is always fierce. Hearts race. Adrenaline flows. 
Today's "post" game blog will be posted a little early. Right now, seventh inning, Dodgers lead 7 zip after Ramirez' RBI.  JUST on the tail end of Kemp's RBI. A triple for Kemp could mean the cycle. Dare we hope? *For new Girls: hitting for the cycle means one of each kind of hit during a game: a single, a double, a triple and a home run. A triple is kinda-sorta rare, but they happen. GO Kemp! GO Blue! 
I Heart Kemp
I'm giddy. Kemp is back. Again. 
Back to the game. I am posting early since I am going out. But listen on the radio I will. A friend was telling me she enjoys going to the games but can't watch baseball on TV, and she certainly can't listen/follow on the radio. I get it- I do. I know I was brainwashed at an early age to do all that. So I told her just do this: know when they are playing and check the score at the end of the day. Know what it means if they win (or grrr... if they lose). Today WHEN we win, Dodgers will be only one game behind the Giants in the west. This is a big series. BIG.  
 Who can resist those eyes, right? Sigh...For  all intensive purposes, we all have a Mr. Big. Yes, I do too. Baseball notwithstanding even. Men are sensitive creatures, as I have previously noted. But they are also competitive. And they like to win. Dear Sex and the City Fans, Remember Big and Aidan? Rivalry is not easy. But it's not meant to be. That's the nature of it. Watching the game and knowing how the Dodgers and Giants can go at it is exciting to say the least. And watching great pitching THANK YOU BILLINGSLY !! is amazing. You can't help but pick a side and root. I'm a one-team kinda girl. I have a loyalty. My heart belongs in one place. With thee trade deadline swiftly approaching, we may lose someone, we may gain someone. But in the end, it's the team that matters. The team is the heart. Moral of the story: Stay true to your heart. BUT... in order to do that, you had better know what your heart wants. 
For now, it's all about the Dodgers being getting back to first in their division. Even if it means tying up that first place berth. They are home.. California home. There are Dodger fans at AT&T Park. To them I say THANK YOU! You are there loving your team, cheering them on with all your heart. L.A. has the best fans, period. They will not give up or sell out. They continue to believe and hope. The heart wants what the heart wants. And today it wants the Dodgers to win. I say we get them to that win- with love, anything is possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment