Monday, August 13, 2012

August 13, 2012: POST GAME GAB:: Getting warmer...




First of all, my sincerest apologies for posting so late tonight and not posting yesterday. Some things cannot be avoided, and when friends fall into crisis we need to be there for them. Enough said. Thank you for your patience. I am back on schedule. 
By the way, here is a picture of my Walter Alston card. It just makes me happy. That is all.
Dodgers have won two in a row. Giants were on a winning streak of two as well, but lost today. We are half a game back. Theoretically, we could wake up tomorrow tied for first. Right now, top of the 8th, Nationals are beating the Giants: 14-2. The odds are looking pretty good. When was the last time anyone ever said "Thank You" to Washington? Perfect. 
The Blue Crew is playing well. They are doing their part. They are winning. Now they just have to trust. Ah, yes...Destiny. That October Prom date is looking promising. It seems within reach. *REMEMBER KELLY AND BRENDA?? Loved that show!
And if you do not remember that show, ugh I feel old- but here it is: Beverly Hills 90210. Best prom scenes on TV ever.
When I was back in high school, guys just asked you to the prom. No fuss, no muss. I'm sure there were jitters if I recall correctly, but that's just how it was done. Nowadays there is all this pressure to do it big- rent a blimp, sword swallowers,  fire breathing dragons,

... all these huge expectations for the invite alone! Look, Girls, go with me on this: if you like a guy, does it really matter HOW BIG HE ASKS YOU OUT? Does he really need to sky write it? Marriage proposal: yes. Sky write it. Prom: parachuting from a zip-line ...yikes!... Save BIG for the marriage proposal! Learn to let life build. PATIENCE. Good things come to those who have it. I know... I know.. easier said than done. But I digress.  My point? 
JUST Get to October playoffs ALREADY!
It doesn't need to be fancy- just do it. As an acting teacher once said: "I don't care HOW you get there... JUST GET there!" Getting to the prom is getting to the playoffs. Winning the World Series... THAT'S the BIG day! We just need to GET to the prom- er, I mean playoffs. Simple. Stop making a production out of it. They won today- excellent. They need to keep winning and regain a sizable lead in the west. We have an upcoming series with the Giants. We cannot split that series. We are looking for another sweep. Of them- let's be clear on that. (But first we need to win in Pittsburgh. Easy stuff). And Arizona is five back. Awesome. Perfect. Parallel: Arizona is the sophomore who wants to go to the senior prom so as to hang out with all the older kids- the cool kids.. the seniors. Arizona: this is an LA/SF year. Sorry. Dodgers are within reach. And we're getting warmer...
Game time tomorrow: 4:05 pm PDT.
L.A. Dodger Home Page
GO BLUE!!


No comments:

Post a Comment