Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Tuesday July 31, 2012 Post Game GAB...*Sigh

Really?? *sigh... Well, that was disappointing. And rather anti-climatic I might add. Not that Victorino was there- there was no way he could have been, He was still probably on a plane when the Diamondbacks hit their first inning home run. Aurgh! Seriously?? Time to regroup. Time to rethink things here. 
Think. Think. Think.  One of my "things" after a game as I leave the ravine is I listen to Dodger Talk. Of course. Something was mentioned tonight that I hadn't given much thought to (and truly my bad- I know this to be true- just so excited it slipped my mind). What was mentioned and I had neglected to remember was that it will often take a new line-up to find their stride. Ramirez, being the new kid on the block is generating a lot of excitement. He's the fave right now.  But the excitement surrounding the pending arrival of Victorino borders on exuberance. It all means WE HAVE A CHANCE. When our newly acquired relocated Philly moves in tomorrow, it's gonna be even more of a whirlwind.  Breathe Boys. Just breathe. Enjoy the present- live in the moment. I had an acting teacher who used to teach that: LIVE IN THE MOMENT; DO NOT PLAY THE END OF THE SCENE. Same thing applies here.  Our Boys cannot be playing like they have it all planned out. They still gotta work for it. They can do it. They have to come together and execute. Kinda like dating. When we over plan the whole shebang (stop giggling- it's pronounced "shuh-bang") and it doesn't go quite as planned, we can sometimes get upset. We start to panic maybe a bit and even fall apart,  ... 
when what we really should be doing is regrouping and rethinking  the overall plan. Same in baseball... same in dating: take a few steps back, gather your thoughts, breathe and really listen to yourself breathing... then get out there and jerk one outa the park. Or outa the Ravine. But only if you're a Dodger- NOT if you are a Diamondback. Or a Giant. Or someone else other than a Dodger. 


Saw a couple of friends at the game tonight. They brought their Angel's cooler lunch bag with them. Really? I reminded them that the last time they did that the Dodgers lost. They sheepishly asked if they were going to get a mention in this blog. I assured them it would be anything BUT honorable. They grudgingly said they understood. They're good sports. What did I say about superstitions? On another unrelated note, I saw several Girls out at the game today in heels. Yay! (Ok, I want those.)
And on another unrelated but related note: got my Kirk Gibson bobble head. Again...Yay! 
Ok, Shane expected in the line-up tomorrow. Game time is 12:10 pm. I should go. They need us, their fans, but I think I need this too. E komo mai, Shane Victorino. E komo mai o L.A.  I See You Too! GO Blue!
Dodger Talk (pre and post game)
L.A. Dodgers home page
For the well dressed female fan


No comments:

Post a Comment