Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Rain Delay? Really? GAB: Girls @ Babble- Today Anyway- just a bit...

Boo. Rained out? No bueno. And Dodgers were supposed to play the Nationals too. 


                                                      Well, at least it's an extra day of rest. 

After all, Washington does have the best record in baseball, so going up against them might wear us out a bit.  GIRL TALK:  Don't you just cringe when you have a date... then it's raining and you hesitate to wear the good heels? 


I wonder if guys really get just how much thought and effort we put into planning the outfit. Especially according to season. A little inspiration for the fall, if you please....






So now what? No game? At least I'll say this: at least football plays IN THE SNOW. *Normally I defend baseball over football as a more demanding sport, but I'm cranky cuz we got rained out... *seethe... On another note, maybe it's a good time to catch up on Netflix? 

Or bake/experiment in the kitchen? 



Hmmm... decisions, decisions... Back to baseball for a sec: Dear MLB: I know there's math to do, but can't we just get it over with and make the pain swift and less ... painful... and call it in the the west for you-know-who? We are 8 games back. Enough I say! Wild card here we come! Not that I am in any rush to hear Giants fans gloating- on the contrary, let's just get the inevitable over with. Geesh! The suspense hurts my heart. It's like a bad break up looming. 



Move on and stop Tuesday (or Monday) night quarter backing. GO for that wild card spot!

Look, the Dodger franchise has a long and meaningful history. Much more history than say football. I would love to see the Dodgers pull outa this mess fairly unscathed with some  dignity in tact. But there is something lovely about football as well. Once a week everyone goes out and gets tackled. On purpose. And the fans look forward to Sunday. AND to be certain, some teams have a richer history than others. Take a look at the Cardinals. The Arizona football team, NOT the St. Louis baseball team. The Arizona Cardinals have been around since 1896. Compare that with the Jacksonville Jaguars and the Carolina Panthers who saddled up with the NFL in 1995. Older franchises v. newer ones... what's YOUR preference? Each has its own awesome quality... each has a chemistry with their fans. Everyone has their passion. Some like baseball. Others football. Some golf (although that's not really a sport now is it?? Do NOT get me started). The point is, find a chemistry, find your passion, find a team, get behind them and DON'T bounce around. Stay true. GIRL TALK: that's not to say if the guy thing isn't working, stick with him. Totally different in this case. If the guy ain't right for you, move on. Teams, you gotta stick with them. Guys this applies to you too. Find something- or someone- that works- truly speaks to you and your heart, and follow that direction. It might take a few tries, but in the end, following your heart can't be wrong, right? Someone asked me the other day what my type is....I'm still looking...I know it when I see it...I've seen it a few times... not many, but definitely a few...












...and he better like sports! Oh and dancing. Not line dancing though. But dancing. And his eyes should light up when he sees me. And his heart should probably do a small flip-flop when he sees me. Slightly different than when he looks at someone else. Guys do that-they look- they look at other girls- and that's fine. But if it's the same sharp breath that they catch when they look at me, then what makes me special? But... if his inhale is slightly different than the one he took when he looked at the other girl that just walked in, then he's the one I wanna get to know...THAT'S my type.


Yes. That's good. Salsa dancing is always good. Fun movie, too.
Game time tomorrow: 1:05pm PDT. GO Blue! 






No comments:

Post a Comment