Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Cute Addendum

In all the hype last night, forgot to mention one of my favorite parts of the game last night. Reserved Section, there was a little boy with his family. Probably about three years old. He had his Dodgers baseball cap on. Too big for his little head which made it all that much more adorable. As he finished his pretzel, I could hear him muttering. My ears started to tune into his age appropriate oaths. I realized he was grumbling that the Dodgers were losing. I glanced over at him and his mom. She was watching the game quietly while the dad was feeding the infant sibling. The three year old was intent on the game. When the Dodgers scored, the kid was ecstatic. When that team from San Diego (ugh) scored, the kid would go back to muttering. He swung his legs, he watched, he ate a pretzel, he wore his cap and he stayed focused. He was all of what zen is. He was in the moment. Not gonna lie, I was a little bummed when the family left to go to the gift shop and head home after. The most I had spoken to the family was when the little boy saw me eating my pretzel too, and he grinned. His was cinnamon, mine was salted. I smiled and said hello. His excitement at being at the game was reflected in his answer: "HI!!" Cutest random person to ever sit next to me. Well done, mom and dad. Getting him started early. The future Dodger Fan Generation. GO Blue! 

No comments:

Post a Comment