Tuesday, June 11, 2013

{Eye roll}

Greinke hits Cody Ross. Next guy up hits home run.
Their pitcher hits Puig. Ethier comes up and homers two in.
We're tied.
Greinke hits a batter.
Their pitcher gets a "look" from the catcher then whacks Greinke with a pitch.
All hell breaks loose.
Greinke just can't seem to stay outa trouble. Does he even want to be here? Does he even WANT to play baseball? Or did he just figure he could coast on a fat paycheck regardless of the lack of control out there on the mound? And even later our pinch hitter is beaned for good measure. Ick. The team is an embarrassment in so many ways. In spite of the fact we won, SO glad I didn't go tonight. I am mortified beyond words as a Dodger fan. This isn't what it used to be like. We used to be good. We used to GOOD SPORTS and we had GOOD OWNERS AND GOOD MANAGERS WHO DIDN'T GET INTO BRAWLS. The only excitement was Lasorda kicking dirt on the umpire. Speaking of which, rookie umpire at home plate actually called it right by tossing Ian Kennedy out of the game. After that, McGwire was exploding. Puig was hot headed. Gibson was yelling some things... Dodger players and coaches were going at it with Arizona players and coaches.... What a great example for all fans {eye roll}. And what exactly are the Owners doing? Toasting champagne over this miserable season? Patting themselves on the backs for the fine they and their dollars have assembled? Have they no pride in L.A.?  I guess maybe they're afraid to talk to Greinke- wouldn't want to upset the $140+ million boy out there. Are the Owners are afraid to get involved? Greinke JUST HAD SURGERY BECAUSE OF A BRAWL!! HE HAD NO BUSINESS HITTING BATTERS! Dear Owners, What about pulling oh-I-don't-know... League and Mattingly and McGwire and Colletti and maybe now GREINKE aside and having a few words with them?? Do the owners just think they can pay their way through a season and leave the kids to mind the store? There is absolutely no accountability. It is absolutely shameful. And by the way, I will admit I was the first to get all cheer-lerdery and excited about McGwire on boarding earlier this season, but man-oh-man does it make me sore that his presence hasn't done much for our bats. And now this. But bottom line: We cannot have our Pitchers just playing judge and hitting batters out there!! Honeycutt should figured something was up buy the second hit. Why were the Dodgers surprised when Greinke got hit?? I am certainly not advocating ANY of it. I am simply saying this is what happens. Arizona took care of the payback (New Girls that's what it's referred to as) during THIS GAME. Can't say I wasn't surprised when Quentin wasn't beaned recently. Look, no one should be hit. When accidents happen, a high-sign that says "Sorry" should do it. But I can't say with confidence that Greinke didn't hit someone on purpose. TWICE! (NOW Quentin- THAT whole separate mess was Quentin's fault) But Greinke isn't helping his own cause out there tonight by not controlling his pitches and using better judgement . And to have our coaches run out there like uncivilized buffoons and start fights of their own? We are the new Raiders. And it is embarrassing. As a Dodger fan, I am embarrassed the way my team handled themselves.

Ejected:
Dodgers: McGwire, Puig
DBacks: Ian Kennedy, Kirk Gibson and Turner Ward.

Frankly, I found myself rooting for no one. The Dodgers and their owners have driven this team into the ramshackles of mortifying despair beyond what Frank AND Jaime McCourt ever did. At least they kept their squabbles off the field.
I boycotted a game tonight. In single protest. I didn't want topay even ten dollars to park after the STOOPID loss last night. But after tonight, I kinda wanna cry. These aren't the Dodgers I know and  remember. These guys are thugs in my opinion. Bud Selig lets the Kasten Group get away with the stupidest stuff. Mark my words: There will most likely be no repercussions from that brawl out on the field tonight. And that is SO wrong on SO many levels. These "Dodgers" have no heart. They clearly have tempers and poor judgment, but no class. No sportsmanship. Clayton Kershaw has class, (but even he was out there in the throngs... but at that point what else was he supposed to do... I know I know...his teammates were out there). I long for an era where Players played ball with heart and soul: Garvey/Cey/Lopes/Russell; Valenzuela; Yeager; Martin; Karros; Gagne; Bulldog; Monday; ... and those from before my time: Koufax, Campenella; Snider; Stanky; Alston; Robinson... Those I've read about. They were GOOD, but they were smart too. Their focus seemed to be the game. And the good of the team. Not bull-headed egos. I'm sure they had their moments, but tonight was ridiculous and ugly. Let's not see that again. So glad I didn't go tonight. Forfeited my ticket after last night's ridiculous loss. And after tonight, glad I stayed home. Dodgers won, but a disappointing game when all was said and done.

No comments:

Post a Comment