Monday, June 10, 2013

No Excuses and Absolutely Ridiculous

Brandon League blew another save. Shocker. Mattingly claimed League is one of his best guys. Shocker. Arizona- alas, ANY team- could put up their AA team against the Dodgers and expect a win. The Kasten group is being made fools of. Not that I think they care or see it that way... If they did, they would have done something by now. I have a season ticket plan. You think I wanna go to more games and see Brandon League and Don Mattingly throw a perfectly good win out the window? Um, no. You think I wanna go buy food and drinks at the stadium and be a part of that embarrassment? Um, no. What fun is THAT? Fans let Mattingly have it tonight by booing him. Normally I do NOT advocate booing your own team. HOWEVER, there is a first time for everything. Here's the thing: League can bring down his own career, I don't care- and clearly he doesn't either. But now he's messing with someone else's stats. Last time he stole the win from Kershaw, and this time he blew the save and so Kershaw's brilliance ended up with a loss. Kershaw really is amazing. In the post game interview, as always, he stood tall and interviewed with class. Dear Mattingly, take a lesson. The only thing I can say is this: Fans are angry. Angry that the Kasten Group puts up with this. Angry because L.A. deserves better than to be laughed at. Angry that Mattingly has a job when unemployment is still high. I know a retired blind high school social studies teacher in her 90s who could manage this team better. And even SHE could have made the right call at first, Clint Fagan. But bottom line is this: in my opinion, it seems to me that from a fan's point of view, the Kasten Group doesn't care about the actual Team and the fans and a pennant race. In my opinion, all they seem to care about is the presumed image represented by passing out dollar bills to Players. Players who come to the Dodgers to take paid summer holidays (er- I mean go on the DL) and also washed-up-wanna-be has-beens who wanna make a fast buck. I mean think about it: it's a cake-job: you don't have to be effective or win to be on the Dodgers- you just have to be pals with the GM or the Coaches... they're in the same boat, too. Just show up to work, then laugh all the way to the bank. Imagine for a moment if you will, if YOU or I showed up to work and performed as poorly as the Dodgers and the Management does. We would be SO FIRED. But alas, not so when the Dodgers are concerned: It's like they're saying: Here boys, here GM, go out and spend all you want. If we lose, we'll just raise the prices to the swag give-away nights. We can't lose. And after all, who cares about winning a pennant, right? We can just shut the fans up with presents like a beach chair or a bobble head. They'll never know the difference. Well, here's one fan who knows the difference between a bobble head and a World Series title. And I'm willing to forfeit my ticket for the first in order to prevent putting one more dollar in Kasten's pocket by paying for parking or garlic fries No more games in person for me till Mattingly is gone. Oh and I'm muting commercials too. Enough is enough. If they all have a right to laugh at the fans and continue the losing, then I can laugh at them too- from the comfort of of my own home. Ladies: It's Tough Love. We have all been there. And I'm there now.

No comments:

Post a Comment